I’ve been sitting here for the last few hours trying to think of something to write about. I had a few lines of poetry flowing in and out of my head, but I don’t like to publish forced work. So instead, I’m just going to reflect on some things in my life that I’m thankful for. I haven’t made one of these lists in awhile, but it’s good to reflect on the good in our lives while in the midst of so much going on.
These are in no specific order.
1. I’m thankful for my beautiful daughter, Della Rae. She is going to make an excellent big sister and she makes being a mother the greatest title ever.
2. My loving fiancé Dylan. He is the best father and BEST pregnancy partner I could have ever dreamed of. Always thankful for our many adventures and how we support one another and learn together through parenthood.
3. I have only two more drills left in the US Army! I’m counting down the days until the end of my contract in August.
4. We are buying our first home! Something that we can call and create our own! We have finally reached the point where we can provide ourselves and our children with a place that seems to have been built for us. It’s exciting to provide for our family in ways we’ve only dreamed of for so very long.
5. Good health. Our friends and family are healthy and that’s always something that can change in an instant.
6. I’ve still got a full time job and bi-weekly paychecks coming in. I’ve got health insurance and paid time off that I can use – a blessing many cannot claim in today’s economy.
7. A healthy pregnancy. We find out the gender next month and thankfully the nausea that wrecked me for weeks has seemingly subsided. We are excited to complete our family!
So much more comes to mind, but that would be listing the many people in my life that mean so very much to me. I’m thankful for all of my friends and family.