EOD Thoughts: 11.25.2020
I worked two hours this morning and then took the rest of the week off.
I’m so often cautious of using PTO and Vacation hours because of, uh, LIFE. But hey! I needed a break so I finally took some time.
Didn’t do much after work but pick up the house and workout. So I didn’t accomplish a lot of my to do list today, but I did take a short nap, did some yoga, snacked on some foods I enjoy, watched my favorite TV show, and had a margarita.
Self pampering is refreshing. And although I still have some chores to finish, I feel so much tension (physically) released from my shoulders and back. I was able to spend time with myself.
Just me, doing whatever I wanted.
So tonight I’m feeling good. I’m currently sitting at our candlelit table smiling and full of thankfulness. Dylan and I have been giggling all night. What a great night to bring in the holiday.
Goodnight, my friends. It feels good to leave this post with a steadily warm heart ❤️
Tonight’s Reflection Quotes:
22 Things I Want to Teach My Daughter
1. The only person that can ensure your own success is you.
2. The only thing that will ever make you ugly is how you treat other people.
3. Respect isn’t always easily earned, but it is always easily lost.
4. There is nothing you could do that would make me love you any less than I already do.
5. Being rich has nothing to do with money.
6. Don’t accept every apology you receive.
7. Smiling at strangers is a good habit to have.
8. You’ll never wish you ate less ice cream.
9. Don’t let people make you feel bad for dealing with your feelings in a way that helps you heal.
10. Your mental health is more important than any job.
11. You can change any situation by simply changing your mindset of it.
12. It’s okay to get frustrated. It’s not okay to take your frustration out on others.
13. Just because something is a rule, doesn’t mean it’s ethically right.
14. Family isn’t always blood.
15. Don’t break yourself in order to fix someone else.
16. Sometimes silence is more effective than action.
17. Never let honesty be an excuse for disrespect.
18. Grass grows where it is watered.
19. Your mistake isn’t as important as what you do to correct it.
20. There is a difference between a man that flatters you and a man that compliments you.
21. It’s OKAY to tell people NO.
22. Don’t let your kindness be mistaken for weakness.
It Will Always Be Her
I love the way my daughter’s face lights up
When I walk into the room
After a long day of being away.
I can see she has missed me
Just as much as I’ve missed her
But then again,
I miss the days of
Being able to drop my things
As I walk into the door.
Oh, how a child can change your life
It’s beautiful and enriching
And I wouldn’t change a thing,
But sometimes I miss all the times
I used to be able to
Invest into myself.
My happiness matters too,
But somehow I have fallen to the back
I am put on hold,
Because she will always matter more to me
Than even myself
I will give and give and give
Before I ever allow someone
The opportunity to question
Who I care about more
Because it will always be her.
It will always be her.
In the Morning
I wake up in the morning
Feeling like an absolute star
I’m motivated to start the day
And conquer all that lies before me
But then I get out of bed
And start thinking about
All the ways I’ve let myself down
I look in the mirror and
Run my fingers through my
Wavy long hair
I like the way it falls against my back
And frames my face
I layer on mascara and
Study the freckles
That cover my nose and cheeks
Maybe I am beautiful
Then I begin to realize
I’m not as bad as I think I am
I don’t give myself enough credit
For I have strength in so many ways
I am fierce
I am determined
I am smart
I am reliable
And I am out of bed today
And that is a feat
That not all can achieve
Finding the Happy Medium Between Caring For Others & Caring For Yourself
I have a hard time making sure that I take time to do things for ME. I am totally the type of person to give and give and give myself away to everyone else in order to keep those around me happy. I truly believe that giving is better than receiving, but let’s be honest… It does feel good to receive!
You owe it to yourself to not feel shame about doing what makes you happy. I used to think that doing so much for everyone else was simply me wearing myself down and not taking exploring the things that I love. But then I changed my perspective. I love to comfort people. I love to take weight off of people’s shoulders. Ilove making people feel welcome and at home. And just because I go out of my way to make those things happen, doesn’t mean that I care any less about myself. It makes me happy making others happy, and I shouldn’t feel shame or regret about the fact that caring for others (sometimes more than myself) brings me joy.
Find a happy medium. So… yeah. I like to make others happy. Most people do. But what you have to keep in mind is that you can’t truly be happy unless you are happy with yourself. You can give endlessly for those around you, but if you aren’t giving yourself even half of the attention that you are giving to everyone else, there is no way you can possibly be happy. I can’t stress just how important it is to spoil yourself every once in a while. Sometimes I forget that my happiness and mental health matters too, and it always end in a crying fit of rage and jealousy. So find a happy medium. It’s good to care for others, but do not forget that YOU MATTER TOO!
Spoil yourself! Believe it or not, but I am not the typical girl. I would much rather go hiking or fishing than going to get my nails or hair done. The point is, it’s important to identify the things that bring your mind and body peace and do those things! If you’re not sure what things you would enjoy to do for yourself, there is nothing wrong with exploring to find what works best for you and your schedule. You deserve to be spoiled because YOU ARE AN AMAZING, LIVING CREATURE! Life is hard! Make the most of it!
Here are some ideas of activities you can do to make sure you are caring for yourself:
- Play an instrument
- Read a book
- Wash your face or put on a face mask (I tried this for the first time the other day, and even though it was a quick and subtle fifteen minutes, I couldn’t believe how refreshed I felt afterwards!)
- Ride a bike
- Paint your nails
- Take a bubble bath
- Go for a walk or drive alone
- Put lotion on (I have recently made this a habit after every shower. It sounds silly, but that extra 5-10 minutes I get alone to myself after a shower really makes a difference! Plus, who doesn’t love soft, smooth skin!)
- Take yourself on a date
- Paint, write, or draw
- Listen to music
Whatever activity or hobby you decide to take part in, make sure you are doing it without distraction and focusing on reaching a peaceful and happy state of mind. What do you do to rejuvenate your mind and body? I’d love to hear some of your ideas or recommended products!! Drop a comment and let’s chat!!
Taking care of YOU
Today has been the first day since the birth of my beautiful babe that I have had practically an entire day to myself. It has been full of rejuvenation, self-reflection, and being able to finally catch up on laundry!!
I have days where I feel completely obliterated. Days where I feel like I have nothing; even though I am surrounded by love, happiness, and a beautiful family.
Days like today help me realize how important it is to TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF. I haven’t had this great of a day in I don’t know how long, and I thought it was important to remind you all of how important it is to make sure that you have a healthy state-of-mind and to pursue the things that you love.
What makes you love you?
What are the things that you love the most about yourself?
What hobbies do you enjoy that you haven’t pursued in awhile?
What enjoyable actions have you been overlooking because you’ve been “too busy?”
MAKE TIME FOR YOURSELF, FRIENDS. Make sure you are continuously in pursuance of the things that MAKE YOU… YOU!!!
Often times we find ourselves SOOOO infatuated with the idea of caring for everyone else except for ourselves.
Do the things that set your soul on fire.
Chase your dreams.
Always remember to take care of YOU.
June Blogging Challenge: Day 12
Today’s prompt for the June Blogging Challenge is
Your favorite color
My favorite color is yellow.
To me, yellow resembles a time in my life when I overcame a lot of darkness and came out of a deep depression. To me, the color yellow is like awakening from a nightmare. It’s radiant and electrifying. It’s happy.
It’s the person I strive to be.
And most importantly,